If you’re ready to take the plunge and work with an outsourcing partner. Keep these aspects in mind in order to get the best results from the outsourced project.
- Lay the rules and goals-
In order to outsource the project, the organization needs to communicate well with its onshore team and make sure that they are open to change. Make them aware of the benefits for the business and customers. Reassure them that their jobs are safe and not replacing them. Hence, just aim to scale your business most efficiently and profitably. Above all, be transparent with your team and look at things from their perspective. Once they understand the model and see the benefits.
- Evaluate your own system-
In order to plan for upscaling your business and offshore, one must evaluate its own system and procedures of working. While working together in a small team, everyone is familiar with how things are done. They know the processes inside-out. But this is not how things are done in the long run. Everything should be properly documented so that whenever you plan to offshore, new employees will have no prior knowledge of your business model. They’ll require immediate documentation about the procedures and workings. Hence, be ready with it to have smooth functioning with consistency. Make sure your CRM and business systems are universally accessible.
- Write accurate job descriptions –
Once you’ve decided on the roles you want to offshore, establish job descriptions for the ideal offshore candidate. It must include all the necessary information needed such as experience, skills, expected tasks, and benefits of working in your company. This will help you to filter a large pool of the best candidates and have the best person on your team.
- Tackling offshore team management-
The most important aspect of managing the teams is almost similar whether it is within the four walls or overseas. Fundamentals of managing include clear responsibilities, managing people based on outcomes, allowing flexibility, and communicating well, especially with a remote team. Treat offshore members as part of the team and make sure they’re engaged.
- Transition to the cloud-
In cloud-based computing, you can store, process, and manage your data via the internet. It is a cost-effective way as it eliminates the hustle of building a server and any physical infrastructure in place.
- Document internal processes to ensure seamless offshore integration-
The most important aspect is to communicate your expectations to an offshore team. Therefore, make sure to have documentation on procedures to carry on various tasks related to core business functions. Having a good understanding of what you do and how it is done, makes the working extremely helpful when working out with an offshore team. Documenting your process helps to see which tasks can be offshored and which can’t be.
- Become familiar with the different types of outsourcing models-
Offshoring contains four different outsourcing models.
- Project-based outsourcing- In this, you pay an offshore freelancer to complete the given project.
- Traditional outsourcing- Also known as Business Process Outsourcing. You pay an overseas company to handle absolutely everything which is related to offshore operations.
- Offshore company incorporation- Set up an overseas division of your company, the work handled by yourself, including facilities, IT, labor laws, recruitment, HR and payroll, and day-to-day productivity.
- Managed services offshoring- You form a partnership with another offshore provider in the offshore location in order to setup an overseas division of the company. And facilities are handled by them while quality and productivity are seen by you.
- Review and research an offshore partner’s experience and stability-
Stability is the priority factor when it comes to choosing your offshore partner for a project. As its the base for starting a profitable business relationship. Make a clear vision by asking their experience and growth stats over the past few years.
- Be aware of cultural and geographical differences-
The important factor to consider is to understand that country you would choose might have different cultural, social, geographical, and economic standards. Time zone would differ, communication levels would be different, and working style would be different. Right outsourcing provider manages these cultural differences by adapting their management approach.
- Check your security policies are up-to-date-
Make sure you know whether you have licenses, permissions, and certifications to offshore specific tasks or confidential information offshore and online. It is important to understand the legal implications of this and whether your clients will agree to have tier information exported offshore.Outsourcing has emerged as a key to success for many organizations. It benefited in many aspects from its potential to reduce employment costs by upto 70%. Hence, improve efficiency and pursue business growth!
Leave A Reply